With the absence of carnivals and fairs this summer, we are all left with our mouths watering for those nostalgic favorite fried foods. But do not worry, here’s a recipe that will bring you back to the top of that ferris wheel, have you flipping on the zipper and feeling all the dessert feels.
Meet the carnival crunch, “DEEP FRIED OREOS” making the street food high end. The warm and crunchy fried Oreos will take your taste buds on a vacation because you cannot go there at the moment. XD Do not wait for your local bakeries to open and feed you some fried Oreos, instead try at home, enjoy and share with your family.
Reason to Deep Fry Oreos at home!
February to June is usually the season for Carnivals in America. And, it is quite disappointing to believe that summer is ending. Staying at home these last several months kind of made summer feel non-existent - except for the apparent hot weather of course.
To keep up with the tradition of binge eating fried Oreos at the Carnival, try making them in your pantry this year. Will save a lot of bucks plus there’s nothing better than homemade stuff.
The Easiest Recipe You Can Imagine Below
Make your own carnival-worthy Deep Fried Oreos at home with a handful of basic ingredients. An easy recipe that hardly takes 20 minutes.
Pro Tip: Freeze the Oreos before frying!
Ingredients Required: Vegetable Oil, water, Oreos mix by Crumb, Powdered sugar and toppings as per individual’s choice.
Directions To Use
- In a nice deep pot, add in the vegetable oil at medium heat. Make sure the oil is about 5 inches high in the deep pot so that you don’t have the oil coming out of the pot.
- In a separate bowl, add the Oreos mix and water then batter well until smooth. Make it look creamy without any lumps.
- Remove the Oreos from the freezer and completely coat into the batter prepared above.
- To check the oil temperature, scoop a little amount of the batter in the pan and check if the bubbles are on the top. Now using a tong, carefully place coated cookies in the pan.
- This could take 30 seconds to a minute to fry, make sure the outer layer has turned crispy and use a spider sieve or a frying basket to take them out.
- Dust them with powdered sugar and you can top them with whatever you want. Use caramel, cinnamon, honey cobble chocolate or Nutella on top. Garnish some chopped nuts and serve it aside with a scoop of our favorite ice cream and thank me later.
What other Oreo Flavors can be Deep-Fried?
Cinnamon Bun- Sweet and spicy, the cinnamon bun Oreo cookies have a nostalgic vibe that would turn into magical bites if deep-fried after coating in the yummy batter. The subtle aroma and taste will make you fall in love with it.
Red Velvet- Mysterious and super-sweet red velvet Oreos has our heart. Deep-frying them turns out in a delicious treat that you cannot resist binge eating.
Peanut Butter- All time favorite peanut butter Oreo cookies make the most indulgent deep-fried Oreos. Each bite tastes like a yummy crunch ball filled with the goodness of peanut butter and chocolate.
Chocolate Hazelnut- Chocolate hazelnut Oreo cookies taste even better when deep-fried and dusted with powdered sugar. An unbelievable combo of Oreos, Nutella and Nuts.
On the Contrary- If your sweet tooth is badly craving for a sweet intake, deep-fried Oreos is the solution. Each bite will hit you with the childhood memories when you and your friends used to bike ride wearing summer cotton clothes and stop by the little bakery in your corner to bite on these authentic dessert snacks.
What other memories do you have linked with the fried Oreos? We’d love to know your story.