Deep-fried Oreos, because why not? We all need some creamy and chocolatey goodness right now. And, nothing could beat the richness of airy, light and satisfying fried Oreo Balls. Plus, a dollop of ice cream on the top makes it a decadent treat.
The key to having a good week is to start your Monday right. If you are working from home or are looking to cheer up your family without any special occasion, deep-frying a batch of Oreos at home would be just perfect. Crispy puff on the outside and velvety cream on the inside, this iconic American dessert is perfect to feed your sweet tooth.
What are the ingredients required to deep fry Oreos?
Our recipe includes minimal ingredients because the spanking-new Oreos mix will create all the magic. We’ll be using one simple mix: Deep Fried Oreos mix which eliminates the hustle of stocking every single thing in the pantry.
This mixture by Crumbs Carnival treats is made using all the required ingredients and you no longer have to shop for extra eggs, pancake mix, vanilla extract, baking powder, flour and so on. Just mix a few spoons of Crumbs mix in the water and your yummy batter is ready to dip some Oreos in it.
Other ingredients that you may need besides Crumbs mix are as follows:
- Vegetable Oil
- Oreos (freeze them well before frying)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Toppings as per choice.
Instant Recipe to Make Deep-fried Oreos
Deep-fried Oreos are hands down one of the world’s best desserts. Crunchy layers out and tender yumminess inside. And the flavor that they deliver is just irresistible. Nothing compares to the toothsome fried Oreos made from scratch at home using Oreos mix. Tasting like carnival food but without rides and lights.
So, let’s get started!
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat. The right temperature for frying is 350 to 375 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, add 4 big spoons of Crumb’s mix and water. Stir them well until a creamy, velvety batter is formed. Keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Once everything is prepared, dip frozen Oreos one after the other in the batter and cover them fully.
- Carefully transfer coated Oreos to hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until golden and crisp, turning as necessary. Do not overload and fry 5 to 6 Oreos at a time.
- Remove fried Oreos, drain oil with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately dust and drizzle them with confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve warm with chocolate sauce or raspberry jam. Let them cool down before putting them straight into your mouth because the cream inside would be too hot.
Optional: For the chocolate sauce use your choice of chocolate bar chopped into small pieces or chocolate chips can be used too. Melt in the oven or pour hot heavy cream on top and let it cool before stirring for a few seconds.
Calm Yourself Taste Buds Down!
Devilishly decadent yet deeply comforting, add the above recipe to your guiltiest pleasure. So if you think what will get you through this week, deep fried Oreos is the straight answer.
Fried Oreos are really versatile and go with a number of toppings on them. You may also freeze these and enjoy at a later date and enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee. This treat to your taste buds is much needed during these uncertain times.
Warning: They are so good - don’t blame me if you’re making a batch every other day! XD