Originally known as the 'Little Short Fingers', Twinkies are the American powdered sugar snack cakes that are sold for over 500 million per annum. The soft cream that comes wrapped with the crunchy coating of sweetness has become an anytime binge snack over the globe. And all the credit goes to the ready-to-go pancake mix. In this blog post, we will take you through the instant process of Deep-Fried Twinkies using the uber delicious Pancake Mix that is the ideal coating over your favorite carnival relished funnel cakes. All thanks to the Crumbs Carnival Treats that has created the most delicious Twinkies mix by far!
So, let us begin the Twinkies frying show-
The Ingredients you'll need:
- Frozen Twinkies
- Pancake Mix by Crumb's
- Vegetable Oil
- Confectioner Sugar (optional)
- Toppings (as per taste)
The Recipe Guide:
- Defreeze your twinkies for 15-20 minutes (at minimum) to hit perfect frying.
- Add the Crumbs Carnival's Twinkie Mix into a bowl and add water to make a fair and perfect consistency of this instant pancake batter.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now take a frying pan and pour 3-4 Cups of Vegetable Oil. Maintain a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check it through a frying thermometer or slide a tiny bread crumb or batter portion into the pan, if it instantly turns golden brown with slight bubbling then you are ready for frying. Taking care of the appropriate temperature will save your snacks from being oily and slick.
- Now one by one, coat your twinkies finely with the batter that must have settled. The coating should be done evenly. If it is too thick, there will be a little compromise in the taste. And if it is too thin, then also it won't leave the best crunch for your palate.
- Ensure that you do not overcrowd your Twinkies else they will stick to one another and ruin the coating. Due to this certain portions might not get evenly fried. And surely that is not worth compromising!
- Fry the lot for 1-2 minutes and as soon as they turn golden brown, take them out using a spider or a frying basket. It is important to do away with all the extra oil! There's enough of that :D
- Put them on your favorite dish and you are ready for some sweet adventure...
- Those who are fond of little personalized garnishing can try various kinds of toppings with their favorite tastes.
Few garnishing ideas with Deep-Fried Twinkies:
- Use your favorite jam flavor.
- Ice-creams can be served with these anytime snacks.
- If you like to keep things simple then roll your fried twinkies in confectioner's sugar.
- Chocolate lovers can try to put their favorite taste by melting and using a piping bag.
- Fruits and nuts are many favorite add-ons with Twinkies that usually adults relish.
So, do a little culinary creation and explore your favorite flavor of the add-ons from the above list that according to your tags, are the best with Deep-Fried Twinkies and share with us in the comment box. Spreading tastes is spreading smiles and the sorrow-filled 2021 direly needs some smile.
The Concluding Glory :
Snack time can heal all wounds and nothing beats the crackles that come along Twinkies. It is the best way to get over the pandemic stress and the best part is that you can have them anytime. They serve as desserts, evening munchies, and breakfast glories. And who doesn't like to escape the hassle of hitting the right pancake mix? Try this super easy snack-time recipe and leave your palate divinely mesmerized! They are insanely delectable!
Happy Snacking Fellas!