It’s been more than 100 years today and deep-fried Oreos are still one of the most famous and can be seen everywhere like grocery stores, cafes, supermarkets and restaurants. The dichotomy of having Deep Fried Oreos in breakfast can be appetizing in a way that can keep you full for the entire day. And it is one such meal that everybody relishes as a whole.
So isn’t it best to celebrate your friendship this year with a stack of freshly fried Oreos, dusted and drizzled with some amazing toppings. However, experimenting in the kitchen is Cathartic. It might not always turn out the way it likes it to be. But what matters is the Flavours and textures.
It doesn't even matter if you do not have a deep-fryer. Use a saucepan and go ahead with your preparation. Just try to be extra careful while frying. Do not hurt yourself.
Honestly, if you make them right. You won't be able to resist yourself from eating more. Home-made fried snacks turn out to be more delightful and crispy. So let's get started and follow the simple recipe.
- Vegetable Oil
- Crumb's Deep-Fried Oreos Mix
- Powdered Sugar
- Toppings (Optional)
How to Deep-Fry Snacks at home?
#1 Pick your saucepan and pour 4 cups of vegetable oil or any other of your choice and keep it over medium heat to 350 degrees.
#2 Take a medium bowl, put 3 big spoons of Crumb's Oreos mix and water. Mix it well to make a smooth batter. Keep it aside for a couple of minutes.
#3 Now, it's turn to dip Oreos in the batter one-by-one. Use a tong or a fork for dipping and placing them straight to the saucepan.
#4 Check the temperature. Carefully place the dipped snacks into the hot oil. Make sure to fry both the sides evenly. Pull them out once turned golden brown straight to the paper towel to drain extra oil.
#5 Dust them with some powdered sugar. Serve them along with the chocolate sauce or blueberry jam. Anything would go perfectly with them.
Things to Avoid While Making Deep-Fried Oreos
- While preheating the oil, avoid the temperature below 300 degrees as it will make your snacks oily and greasy without any crisp.
- The perfect temperature is between 350-375 degrees and temperature above 375 degrees can eventually burn the cookies.
- Go minimal by picking deep-fried Oreos mix. For that, you’ll just need water and the mix to prepare the batter.
- While preparing the batter using Oreos mix, make sure there are no lumps left and consistency should be thick enough to stay.
- Avoid making the batter too thin. It shouldn’t slip off right away from the cookie.
- We do not recommend using olive oil for deep-frying as it might leave some flavor and fragrance which obviously you wouldn’t like at that time.