The Generation of Zoomers and Alpha is all about Oreos and Twinkies! So much so that these sweet delicacies began to be used as experiments in the culinary world, as a result of which, we now have the Oreo shakes, ice creams, and Twinkie tiramisus. Another recent twist that both these tastes underwent is frying and the resulting treats-Deep Fried Oreos and Deep Fried Twinkies have taken over all the other desserts and snacks delectability vibes. If you are a hardcore Oreo fan or a Twinkie freak then let us get you through some amazing fun-filled information. Keep Scrolling…
So, Let's jump into the Fun World of Oreos!
- Oreos were born on 6th March 1912 and their emergence is commemorated every year on this date as the 'National Oreo Day!
- Ever wondered what the word 'Oreo' means? Well, while there is no fixed reason attached to it, there are two theories that can be considered in this context. According to the first one, 'Oros', the Greek word for mountains must be the inspiration for its name since originally, these cookies had the design of a peak on them.
- On the contrary, it is assumed that the word ' Oreo' comes from a French word, which means 'gold' since the original packaging has the word calligraphed in golden color.
- Did you know that the Oreos also had bigger version releases? Yes! Double Stuf Oreos had double cream filling in comparison to the original Oreos and the Big Stuff Oreos were single-packed cookies each one being 10 times the size of the standard Oreo Cookies but this was available only between 1984 to 1991.
- Fried Oreos have received humongous applause and now, with instant mixes like Crumb Carnivals' Deep-Fried Oreos pancake Mix, you can subside your Oreo snack munching within 10 minutes!
Now, buckle up for some Twinkies Fun!
- Twinkies were born in 1913 by James Dewar. National Hostess Twinkie Day is commemorated every year on the 5th of April.
- The word 'Twinkies' was created over time! Originally they were called 'Little Shortcake Fingers'. It was then renamed as 'Twinkies fingers' and finally 'Twinkies'. The word Twinkie was created by a shoe billboard.
- The cream inside the Twinkies originally was banana flavored. This flavor was banned by the government during World War II as they were rationed for the soldiers. Since then Twinkies are flavored vanilla.
- In the 1980s Hostess introduced strawberry flavored Twinkies which were not well received!
- They are the popular food for the eating contest!
- Twinkies became the favorite carnival snack since they experimented with frying. People went so crazy after them that now with the creation of an instant pancake mix by Crumb's Carnival Treats Deep-Fried Twinkies has become the most consumed sweet snack of the States.
- The Twinkies diet has proven to be an outstanding weight loss formula. A nutritionist named Mark Haub lost 27 pounds with the "Twinkies Diet" for 10 weeks.
- Twinkies' consumption per year is over 500 million.
- The shelf-life of Twinkies is 25 days. Earlier they had lesser shelf-life.
Hope you had a great time reading random information of the most in-demand Sweet Petites of the current milieu. Knowledge is endless and there is more to it. If you are aware of some other wonderful facts about any of these delicacies, share in the comment box as these days, the news is loaded with sorrows and it is time to save ourselves from it and nothing beats food facts at such times. Try the latest deep-fried culinary versions of Oreos and Twinkies and fill your life with a blast of crackles and creaminess!