For most people, Sunday is just a day off to have a BBQ and a few years in addition to cleaning up the house. But some need something extra to make Sunday noteworthy. Deep-Fried Oreos is exactly what we are talking about. It’s a real treat that can be made from home with just a few ingredients.
However, it seems like a lot of people are making these different ways. Some are using pancake batter, eggs, whole milk, some are making their own batter from scratch. There is surely a different way to do this which we will show under this recipe.
We are going to use the deep-fried Oreos mix by Crumbs carnival treat which is a complete mix and you only need to mix with water to prepare the batter. We still see people adding egg with this which is totally not required and weird.
Ingredients to use:
Oreo Cookies - We’ll be using the original Oreo cookies. However, you may also use other flavors like peanut butter, double stuffed Oreos, chocolate Oreos, cinnabon Oreos and so on. The list is endless and you can experiment as much as you want.
Vegetable Oil - Using this oil because of its high-smoke point which is perfect for deep-frying. You may also use canola oil, peanut oil, corn oil or sunflower oil.
Oreos Mix - This complete mix is the whole thing. If you are still adding stuff like milk, eggs or oil with the Crumb’s mix, you are doing it the wrong way and this is totally unnecessary.
Powdered Sugar - For frosting and decoration. You really cannot call fried Oreo, fried Oreo without some white dust.
Directions To Use
- Turn your pan on and fill it halfway up with vegetable oil. Whatever you do but do not overfill. Leave the oil on medium flame to warm up.
- Add 3 big spoons of Oreos mix and pour some water. Go ahead with stirring and mix clearly. You might need more water if it isn’t smooth like creamy batter yet. Add more water if it is still thick.
- Dip frozen Oreos in the batter and wrap them completely.
- Meanwhile, if the oil is high, slowly drop the coated Oreos in the oil. Flip it over in seconds and watch them floating over the oil. A golden crust will be formed and that would be the right time to pull it out.
- Put them straight on absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Dust them with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- To make the fried Oreos extra special, you can drizzle them with chocolate sauce, chopped nuts or finely sliced bananas and strawberries. Chocolate lovers can simply dip them in the Nutella jar.
There are so many options to top deep-fried Oreos. Some love them simply just with the powdered sugar and some just need extravaganza and love experimenting. A scoop of ice cream and raspberry jam works magical too.
Fry Them Right Away & Why Not?
Most of us are so bored at home due to these uncertain times. Daily cleaning, cooking and working from home is literally driving most of us crazy. And there would be nothing better than immersing yourself in the ooey-gooey dessert snack - Deep fried Oreos. Their perfect taste and soft texture will take all your worries away. No carnivals this year? Who cares. Let’s make our evening teas and morning breakfasts extra special.
You may also deep fry kit kats, snickers, ice cream, Twinkies and much more. The more on the plate, the more satisfaction. Try these now and stay connected for more fried dessert recipes.