Are you looking for some sweet and crispy munching for a perfect movie night? Well, if you are one of the 90% Twinkie-loving fraternities, here is an amazing snack to indulge in. The Deep - Fried Twinkies with the help of instant pancake mix can taste as good as heaven!
Put on your toque blanche for one of the best ready-to-fry batters!
Collecting the ingredients:
Racking up the raw materials for this sumptuous dessert is just like a walk in the park. All you need is-
- A pack of frozen twinkies
- Pancake Mix by Crumbs Carnivals
- Vegetable Oil
- Confectioner's Sugar (Optional)
- Add ons as per your taste
Get ready for the Making:
- Transfer the Twinkies Mix to the bowl. 3-4 Tablespoons are enough to serve two. Increase the quantity based on your requirement for binge craving.
- Add water to the mix so that a fine consistency is formed. This will be the crisp above your soft and creamy Twinkies.
- Let this mixture settle for at least 10 minutes.
- Time for some frying. Pour 3-4 Cups of Vegetable Oil into the frying pan. Heat it till 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are unable to monitor the temperature then test it by dropping a small piece of batter into it. If it instantly turns golden brown, you're ready to fry.
- It's now the time for some cooking climax! Drop your twinkies one by one into the hot frying oil. Make sure that you do not overcrowd the frying area. Give them some frying breaths!
- It will take you one to two minutes at max to get the Deep-Fried Twinkies ready. Now, using a spider or a frying basket, take them out and keep them on tissue paper to get the extra oil absorbed.
- For simple garnishing, roll them onto the confectioner's sugar.
Other ideas for some personalized add on are mentioned below-
- Use your favorite chocolate taste. Melt it and pour it over using a piping bag.
- Your favorite jam flavor can be topped along.
- Try it with your favorite ice cream flavor!
- If it is your mommy, dad, or grandparents, serve them with nuts and fruits!
Fry them like a pro!
- Note that frying is an art and it can change the snack taste for you. Below are some tips to consider while you take your frozen Twinkies to a fry-
- Unfreeze your frozen Twinkies for at least 20 mins before taking them to the frying.
- Taking care of the appropriate temperature will save your snacks from being oily and slick.
- The batter coating above your Twinkies should be apt. Not too thick nor too flowy.
- Make sure that the cooking station is clean.
Once these piping fried and hot Twinkies are ready, you are going to skip your heartbeats in temptation. These are enticing to the palate. Enjoy Deep-Fried Twinkies by adding other tastes. They will light up your movie night with their succulent hot taste of creamy and crunchy blasts, perfect treat to the tongue!