We may not have state fairs this year but we can still do little experiments in the kitchen to make our soul and family happy.
Deep Fried Twinkies are the perfect way to start the long holiday weekend off on the right foot. Fluffy little fried balls of deliciousness speckled with powdered sugar and that chocolate dip. You can even air fry or bake these bad boys and they’ll be certified to have an abundance of diggity.
We’ll be sharing this delicious recipe for your weekend. The combination of yummy batter and Twinkies will make you feel nostalgic. Now, with the convenience of making these at home, you can make them anytime and enjoy some lovely time with yourself or your kids.
- Deep-fried Twinkies Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Toppings as per choice
Quick-Fix Twinkies Recipe
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet approximately ¼ cup to a 10” skillet. Heat oil over medium to medium-low heat. 375 degrees is the recommended temperature.
- In a bowl, add Twinkies mix and water and completely combine so that they are fully incorporated. Make it velvety and smooth like cream. Cover and place it aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Dip frozen Twinkies in the batter and fully wrap them from all the sides and carefully transfer them to the hot oil.
- Fry in small batches and over a moderately high-heat now for about 3 minutes until light brown and crisped.
- Drain them on the paper towel, dust them with powdered sugar and enjoy right away.
Before realizing you do not have all the ingredients, just experiment with what you do have. Always feel free to customize them yourself as they are very easy-to-go and quick to make.
You may serve them along with your favorite jam, Nutella, peanut butter or even a scoop of ice cream. Twinkies are quite flexible and go with everything very smoothly. In case you have a few chocolates at home, just melt them up, make a Choco sauce and drizzle on Twinkies. If this won’t heal your soul, we do not know what will.
- Avoid overcrowding to save your snacks from sticking to each other and becoming mushy.
- If using the Twinkies mix, there is no need to add on eggs or other mixtures along to prepare the batter. This special mix solely works great with water and can get you the best Twinkies you would’ve ever tasted.
- Do not prepare too thin batter as it will rip off from the snacks and splutter during frying.
- Always use oils with high-smoke points for deep-frying and better taste.
On the Contrary
If you didn’t kick your weekend off with deep-fried Twinkies, you are definitely missing out on something. It’s no secret that Twinkies are everyone’s all-time favorite snacks and this quick-fix fritter satisfies all the cravings without all the proofing and rolling of the traditional treats. You get the crispy exterior and warm, juicy cream filled balls in a fraction of time. The more you’ll have, the more you’ll be thankful to god for being alive.
So have you prepared your homemade version of fried Twinkies yet? They are worth investing the time in. So, make them today and bring the summer back to your table. Twinkies have been a classic in America and let these become your speciality too.