Weekends are made for deep-fried Oreos and deep-fried Twinkies. Crispy, creamy and delectable, who could even say no to these magical snacks of savory deliciousness? No matter how full you are, there is always going to be a room for these popular American dessert snacks.
These decadent treats have quickly become a carnival staple and there’s more right behind it. Invented by Chicken Charlie, he has created almost everything from deep-fried peanut butter sandwiches, zucchini, weenies, deep-fried butter and even deep-fried watermelon. But none of them is compared to his classic Deep-Fried Twinkies, ridiculously delicious in every bite.
Under this blog post, we’ll be sharing an easy-peasy recipe that will quickly get you that golden ticket to the golden world. We know you are definitely going to drool over. So let’s get started!
Main Ingredients To Shop
- Pack of Oreos
- Frozen Twinkies
- Deep-fried Twinkies Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Toppings as per choice
Start off the process by getting some Oreos cookies and frozen Twinkies. Pick as many as you want to deep-fry, place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours and let them cool down.
- In a large bowl add 4 cups of deep-fried Oreos/Twinkies mix and one cup of water to whisk until everything is well combined. Make sure the batter is creamy and smooth without any lumps. If you feel the need to add more water, you can but avoid making it too thin.
- Take a wok or a heavy-bottomed pan, put 3-4 cups of vegetable oil and set it to 375 degrees. You may also use a thermometer to check the temperature. (To test the oil, put a little bit of batter in the oil, if it comes right up to the top, mean it’s ready)
- Now, keep your snacks ready for the batter swim and dip them one after the another into the smooth batter. Wrap them completely.
- Carefully place coated Oreos and Twinkies in the oil. Do not overcrowd them, 6-7 at a time will work fine. Once golden brown, take them out straight on an absorbent paper to get rid of extra oil.
- Dust them with a lot of powdered sugar or inject the chocolate ganache to make them extra sweet.
- Finally, top them with whatever you want, chopped nuts, chocolate syrup, sliced fruits or even a single dollop of ice cream can do wonders.
What is the taste of deep-fried dessert snacks like?
Bad mood, needs good food. And, popular snacks like Deep-Fried Oreos and deep-fried Twinkies can add on extra sweetness to your day. The softness, aroma and taste is just divine. Freshly fried warm Oreos and Twinkies when dusted with powdered sugar makes the yummiest treat.
When dipped in the right batter, snacks come hot, fluffy and worth a try when your taste buds are craving for something crunchy, creamy and chocolaty. They are basically crispy on the outside, fluffy in the centre with a thick warm melted Oreo or cream. A perfect snack to indulge yourself into during rainy days or weekend evenings. The only cons of making them at home, they disappear like anything within a fraction of seconds.
What is deep-fried Oreos Mix?
It’s an one-stop-solution to fry dessert snacks at home without any mess of stocking other single ingredients such as eggs, whole mix, pancake mix, flour, vanilla essence and so on. Crumbs Carnivals treats has launched this single ingredient formula to make your frying easy at home.
Now, you just need to add Crumbs mix and water to prepare that perfect batter. It is yummy and delectable and will make you feel nostalgic. Almost tastes like carnival deep-fried snacks when you hang on with your friends and family and wait in lines for this one plate of goodness.
So, what are your plans this weekend? Tired of the pandemic and lockdown? Try this super easy recipe at home and spend some quality time with your family. Fried Oreos and Twinkies dusted with tons of powdered sugar whilst still warm, your husband or parents are definitely going to love you for this. So try these today, be careful while frying and of course eating!